Sunday, May 25, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
4 Things I was doing 10 years ago (1998)
1) Taking finals at the end of my freshman year of college!
2) E-mailing and calling my new "love." (Guess what, he became my hubby!)
3) Working at a local body and bath shop. Pumping lotion and cutting soap...no brain activity required.
4 Things I did yesterday
1) Took Kira to preschool.
2) Got to have a peaceful lunch out with the hubby and Mr. Marcus Man!
3) Bought some new underwear...ooh-la-la!
4) Went to a friend's Tupperware show....no longer a virgin in this department! Yikes! I'm broke! (And now officially a housewife!!)
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
"The grand essentials of happiness are something to do, something to love and something to hope for.--A.K. Chalmers"
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy - they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. --Marcel Proust"
Friday, May 16, 2008
Title provided by Jack Johnson's "Inaudible Melodies."
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Here's what I came up with:
My photography skills are *terrible* less-than-stellar. Thanks to the economic stimulus check we should be getting soon, I'll hopefully have a new computer and Photoshop to edit my pics!
Friday, May 2, 2008
I'm cheap. I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I can't help it.
I despise renting a movie for almost $5 when I could practically buy it for the same price. Netflix sounds fabulous, but sometimes we just don't rent all that many movies in a month because there isn't anything good out there.
Enter my new best friend, REDBOX.
Redbox is every mom's dream...you rent a movie at the (literally: RED BOX in the) GROCERY STORE for ONE DOLLAR. Return it the next day by 9PM, otherwise it's another dollar. We just watched Juno last week FOR ONE DOLLAR and then I took a peek at the Redbox website and saw that if you signed up for updates that they would send a code for a free rental to your email. So, we got to see Dan In Real Life for FREE! (Both great movies, by the way!)
Check out Redbox and find out where they're located in your area. I know you could use a night in with the hubby!