Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Birds and butterflies and babies; oh my!

I thought I would share a few pics from the baby shower I hosted for my friend, Megan. As you may remember, we had a birdy theme going on and it was so fun to come up with little birds and butterflies for decorations.

I had nothing to do with this cake (except for the consumption of it..YUM). I added a butterfly and bird from a template I (frustratingly) hand-drew. I used some Stampin' Up! and Amy Butler paper and added a little ribbon to some Wilton lollipop sticks I bought from Walmart.

Isn't she a hot mama?
I bought some flowers and greenery and made floral arrangements in vases from my milk glass collection. I used pink feather boas as table runners and found these cute green flower mirrors from the dollar store to set the vases on. I especially love the bird sticking out of the homemade cheese ball! (My co-host, Alisa, made the cheese ball! DELISH! She used cream cheese, pineapple, red bell peppers and green onion and topped it with almonds. Yum-O!)
Finally, I left all of the guests with a fun little seasonal favor to take with them: a mini white pumpkin. I printed the message, "Thank you for celebrating Megan's little pumpkin!" from my computer and added the bird stamp, clear cellophane, a little ribbon and VOILA...fun little favors.
All in all, we had a awesome time, had great food and even better company. It's always fun to throw in a few handmade touches to make any event even merrier!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristin Finch said...

I love your pumpkin favors. So easy and such a great idea. I will have to remember this one.