Sunday, June 14, 2009

The value of vintage

I've been really enjoying using pages of old books to create repurposed paper crafts. I was especially inspired to the Moxie Fab World's Value of Vintage challenge. I helped co-host a couples' baby shower last night for some good friends of ours. The couple is named Becky and Brandon and they are doing a bee theme in the baby's room. I found the perfect sentiment from a Mother Goose book (published in 1941!!) and designed a shower card for the two Bs and their "bb."

Here are a few of the girls:
(from left to right; Miranda and baby Sophia, Becky, Ellese and moi!)


I wanted to use the nursery rhyme as the focal point of the card and found it a bit challenging to incorporate other design aspects because the sentiment was so large! I heat embossed the "B" with black embossing powder and used some sticky strip and black glitter to create the stripe across the yellow polka-dotted paper. All in all, the theme went together really well with some AWESOME designer burpies and diaper clutch from my super-talented friend, Jenna, and some sweet-smelling baby bath products from Burt's Bees.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenna said...

erika, your basket looked adorable! you do such a good job coordinating prints and colors! i hope she liked it! :)